Saturday, March 20, 2010

CALIFORNIA - SAN DIEGO







The shuttle bus to the airport got to the apartment early so there was no time for tearful farewells even though I told them I wanted lots of heart wrenching sobs when I left.
Fiona did text me a "Sniff, sniff" later which kind of made up for it.
Anyway I ended up being at the airport three hours early and then had a three hour stop over in Dallas.
I have become addicted to solitaire on my Ipod. I must have played it for about 10 house yesterday which is actually pretty sad.
Thank goodness for the charging stations at the airport.
But I made it safely to San Diego where I am staying with Kristen (little sis of my person Joyce) and her husband Adam for the weekend. At 10pm I was ready for bed mostly because I was still on New York time and it was 1am to me.
I was looking forward to a great sleep in until Fiona texted me at about 6.30am. She has a habit of doing this - the other week it was 1.30am. That time it was because she was still awake and maybe thought that if she couldn't sleep then I shouldn't either. This time was because the fact that I was in a different time zone had escaped her.
Anyway the weather is lovely in San Diego and Kristen and I went for a long walk and ended up at Balboa Park which is a lovely place full of gardens, the zoo, places to eat, museums, street performers and more. It was a gorgeous day and just perfect for walking, strolling and talking.
Which we did plenty of.

No comments:

Post a Comment