Sunday, March 21, 2010

CALIFORNIA - SAN DIEGO




I actually think I had a bit of jetlag yesterday. Pretty sad considering there is only a three hour time difference between the east and west coast. I hope that's not an indication of what I will be like for the big trip home.
Anyway today I feel much better and Kristen and I wandered around the farmer's market that is just over the road from their apartment. It was another gorgeous day although a leetle bit more overcast than yesterday. We both bought a wrap around skirt.
I really have no idea what's wrong with me. I thought my shopping "thing" had ended.
Apparently not.
I need to stop or I won't have any money left for my trip to DFO when I get home that I have promised Nicole. You'd think she'd won tatts she was that excited when I said I would go! I would quote her here but the kids might read this and the language wasn't really appropriate for minors.
For lunch we headed down to a town called Ocean Beach and met a few of Kristen's friends at a place called "Hodads." It's a burger place that is so popular there is a queue down the street. I have decided that this is my last one for awhile. I am going to do a detox when I get home - no red or white meat for me. So I'll be eating like a vegetarian (scary prospect I know) although I will still be eating fish. I can hear you all groaning as you read this. But you'll just have to get over it.
After lunch we walked around looking at the shops.
Ummmm .......................... I did buy a t-shirt but it was under $3 so DFO is still a goer.
Oh yeah, we also stopped off at some other shops before we came home and I bought a mini hair straightener (very inexpensive too).
What am I doing with a straightener with such short hair, I hear you ask? Well it's a teeny tiny one and I'm going to use it to flick up the ends of my hair. I'm not so good with high maintenance hair as you all know, so we'll see how long this lasts.

2 comments:

  1. Hellooo Tracey! Wow, I just read some more of your blog, its been a while! Too long :(
    You inspire me to pesevere through my adventures here in Europe because seeing how much you love and enjoy what you're doing now just makes me think that I can do anything too!
    I hope my auntie and uncle were great hosts (which I am sure they were!) and that you use your hair straightener! haha
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Doug - it sounds like you are having a great time too! I hope you keep trying new things and having fabulous trip.

    ReplyDelete